GIS Technician – E-Business and Geographic Information Technician (GIS) Department – Sophia
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of GIS Technician – E-Business and Geographic Information Technician (GIS) Department – Sophia.
The GIS Technician will be responsible for updating and maintaining GIS datasets, making maps, managing and operating applications such as ODK for fast data capture, publishing maps to online map servers, and performing data analysis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- To capture or facilitate the capture, as appropriate, of georeferenced data in different formats using smartphones, GPS receivers, drones, remote sensing imagery, and other means;
- To perform GIS data quality control, including reviewing data for completeness and accuracy; identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data;
- To update GIS datasets, supply other databases, and make backups of the company’s spatial data;
- To liaise with data collectors to ensure good outcomes for data collection in the Company;
- To liaise with other staff in the IT Division, including analysts and programmers to create useful information products.
- To create map layouts and views, and generate basic data analysis and reports
- Support the implementation of ITIL best practices for IT Service Management, and CIS Controls for cybersecurity.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities consistent with the level and purpose of the post.
- Spatial data management
- Liaising with data collectors (staff, contractors and sector partners)
- Map production
- Spatial and other data analysis
Required Qualifications and Experience
University Diploma in GIS, Information Technology, Geography or closely related field with one (1) year work experience in GIS,
Post-Secondary Technical Certificate from a recognised Technical Institute, in GIS, Information Technology, Geography or closely related field with three (3) years’ work experience in GIS
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power and Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, April 22, 2022.