Financial Accountant – Finance Department – 40 Main Street, Georgetown
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Financial Accountant – Finance Department – 40 Main Street, Georgetown.
The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing measures to efficiently and accurately prepare and submit monthly financial statements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ensure that the statutory financial statement is prepared on a timely basis and are in conformity with the requirement of the law and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Maintain and enhance Financial Policies and Procedures, in compliance with best International Accounting Standards, throughout the Company.
- Prepare Quarterly Bank Credit Report.
- Orient, mentor and coach subordinate staff in an effort to aid their development of the requisite job skills.
- Participate in periodic reviews of strategies and procedures that will ensure that all financial and commercial activities are undertaken in full compliance with the provisions of the Electricity Sector Reform Act 1999 and the Standard Terms and Conditions for Electric Services.
- Participate in the reviews aimed at ensuring that Company Financial Policies and regulations are observed and authorized personnel function within the limits of their authority.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Conducts continuous assessment and monitoring of staff work performance and development, taking steps to correct poor work performance.
- Assist in setting performance targets, evaluating performances and identifying the training needs of subordinates.
- Assist in organizing and managing Interim and Final Audits
- Liaise with various departmental heads.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Strong Ethics
- Data Analysis
- Knowledge of Regulations and Laws in Accounting
- Oracle Financial Knowledge
- Up to date Technology expertise
REWARD: Commensurate with qualification & experience.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Certified member of any global body for professional accountants (ACCA, CIMA, CPA or any other internationally recognized body ) with ten (10) years’ experience five (5) of which must be in a supervisory level
BSc. Degree in Accountancy from the University of Guyana or A.C.C. A Fundamental level with fifteen (15) years’ experience ten (10) of which must be in a supervisory level
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Tuesday, April 19, 2022.