Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the impending vacancies of Executive Assistant – within the Executive Management Structure.
Under the general direction of Executive Management, the incumbent will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to facilitate the efficient management of the offices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assist Executive Management with administrative detail on all projects
- Coordinate work flow
- Update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress on deadlines
- Take initiative in Executive Management’s absence
- Keep projects on schedule
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines
- Screen to control and direct visitors
- Provide back-up data as needed
- Arrange amenities as needed
- Schedule visits away from Executive Management’s area to protect priority/private tasks
- Prepare correspondences/reports for signature
- Arrange essential mail in priority order for Executive Management
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Process replies on own initiative or from Executive Management’s dictation or notes
- Research, draft or abstract reports
- Handle all inquiries within Assistant capacity
- Arrange “call-back” to protect Executive Management’s time
- Provide back-up materials for call-backs
- Route calls elsewhere as needed
- Conduct phone surveys/inquires as needed
- Assist in maintaining calendar and scheduling of appointments and meetings
- Assist in fixing commitments to maximize Executive Management’s time efficiency; Allow decision/desk time
- When Executive Management chair meetings: –
- Prepare agenda in advance
- Arrange meeting facilities
- Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes
- Improve and maintain storage / retrieval systems
- Update and manage index
- Update secretarial/clerical desk manual
- Prepare and/or process documents; review for accuracy and completeness;
- Receive calls and/or greet visitors, take and relay messages, respond to requests for information; provide information or direct caller/visitor to appropriate individual
- Set up “tickler” system
- Set up “exception reporting” system to handle routines without supervision
- Routinely re-order Executive Management’s office stationary and other supplies
- Update mail/phone directories
- Train subordinate staff
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- High level of Organizational/Managing Skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of GPL Web-Based Software Programs
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Communication Studies/Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
An Administrative Professional Secretaries Diploma from University of Guyana (IDCE) with a minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience.
Diploma in Secretarial Science/Administrative Principles & Practices (G.T.I.) with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Stenographer I.
Salary Grade: GE 6
How to Apply
Applications should reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown