Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team at Guyana Power & Light Inc., as such we invite applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Executive Assistants within the Offices of the Divisional Directors – Customer Services and Information Technology – Main Street and Sophia locations.
Under the general direction of the Divisional Director – Customer Services, the incumbent will be responsible for providing an efficient and responsible Secretarial Support and managing of all the office missives.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Assist the Director with administrative detail on all projects
- Coordinate work flow
- Update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress on deadlines
- Take initiative in Director’s absence
- Keep projects on schedule
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines
- Screen to control and direct visitors
- Provide back-up data as needed
- Arrange amenities as needed
- Schedule visits away from Director’s area to protect priority/private tasks
- Compose correspondence/reports for own or Director’s signature
- Arrange essential mail in priority action order for Director
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Process replies on own initiative or from Director’s dictation or notes
- Research, draft or abstract reports
- Handle all inquiries within Assistant capacity
- Arrange “call-back” to protect Director’s time
- Provide back-up materials for call-backs
- Route calls elsewhere as needed
- Conduct phone surveys/inquires as needed
- Assist in maintaining calendar and scheduling of appointments and meetings
- Assist in fixing commitments to maximize Director’s time efficiency; Allow decision/desk time
- When Director chair meetings: –
- Prepare agenda in advance
- Arrange meeting facilities
- Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes
- Data Management
- Improve and maintain storage / retrieval systems
- Update and manage index
- Update secretarial/clerical desk manual
- Prepare and/or process documents; review for accuracy and completeness;
- Receive calls and/or greet visitors, take and relay messages, respond to requests for information; provide information or direct caller/visitor to appropriate individual
- Set up “tickler” system
- Set up “exception reporting” system to handle routines without supervision
- Routinely re-order Director’s office stationary and other supplies
- Update mail/phone directories
- Train subordinate staff
- Any other duties that may be required by the Divisional Director
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- BE familiar with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Be familiar with GPL’s new Performance Management System
- High level of Organizational/Managing Skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Ability to self – motivate
- Ability to handle multi tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities.
- Knowledge of GPL Web-Based Software Programs
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Communication Studies/Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
An Administrative Professional Secretaries Diploma from University of Guyana (IDCE) with a minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience.
Diploma in Secretarial Science/Administrative Principles & Practices (G.T.I.) with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Stenographer I.
Salary Scale: GE:6
How to Apply
Applications along with your Curriculum Vitae, should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or by email at email@example.com, not later than Monday, August 07, 2023.