Environmental Officer – Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Management Department –
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our team within the Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Management Department. Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for the impending vacant position of Environmental Officer.
Under the general direction ofthe Health, Safety, Environmental & Laboratory Services Manager, the incumbent will efficiently manage environmental compliance and prudent operational practices at GPL locations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Implementation and management of GPLs Environmental Management System (EMS), including writing and review of associated policies and procedures.
- Assist in obtaining, permits, from the Environmental Protection Agency for GPLs plants and networks
- Undertake the monitoring and inspection of all GPLs facilities to ensure compliance with the Regulations, Policies and procedures.
- Ensure the delivery of environmental programs and projects, including liaison with divisional /departmental heads and contractors.
- Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation reports.
- Design projects that lead to environmental protection, such as oil and noise pollution control systems, etc.
- Keeping abreast of environmental legislation and Company policy to ensure defined standards and best practice are implemented.
- Compile relevant technical documentation, permits and management reports.
- Provide technical support for environmental remediation projects.
- Analyze scientific data and do quality-control checks
- Monitor the progress of environmental improvement programs.
- Advise on procedures for cleaning up contaminated sites.
- Report environmental incidents to management, including mishaps such as internal spills, extemal releases, potential permit non-compliances.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Skilled in organizing and coordinating activities
- Ability to multi-task and work with limited/no supervision
- Conversant with EPA Acts & Regulations
- Proficient in communication and interpersonal skills
- Conversant with the Standards relating to EMS
Required Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Environmental Management or any related field, with at least two (2) years’ experience in electric utility services or other Industrial related services.
Diploma in Environmental Management or a related field, with at least five (5) years’ experience in electric utility services or other related services.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or by email email@example.com not later than Friday, June 30, 2023.