Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
We’re excited to announce the search for a talented, skilled and motivated Electrician to join our team at the Facilities Department – Sophia, Georgetown Location.
Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for the position.
Under the general supervision of the Electrical Maintenance Foreman, the incumbent will be responsible for the execution of all maintenance works that is, electrical installation and electrical appliances for buildings throughout the company.
- Ensure all lighting fixtures are operating efficiently.
- Carry out regular routine checks on all electrical installations.
- Carry out additional installations of outlets and lighting fixtures, fans, etc. as and when required.
- Upgrade switchgear so that additional equipment installed does not overload systems.
- Ensure a balance in distribution of load is maintained.
- Service Battery Charger in the transport department.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of standard practices, processes and related tools, masonry and plastering techniques, equipment and materials.
- Skill in the construction, alteration repair and masonry structures and surfaces.
- Skill in the application of plaster, and in cutting and laying of blocks, bricks and tiles.
- Ability to determine the quality of materials used.
- Good Interpersonal Skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) CXC subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English. along with a Craft Certificate Electrical Installation – Government Technical Institute with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
- A Certificate in Electrical Installation from the Board of Industrial Training (Electrical).
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than February 05, 2024.