Electrical Maintenance & Instrumentation Engineer
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the impending vacancy of Electrical Maintenance & Instrumentation Engineer – in the System Control & Engineering Services Department – Sophia, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the System Control & Engineering Services Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of the Electrical Maintenance and Instrumentation Section along with executing the duties of the Electrical Maintenance & Instrumentation Engineer.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Responsible for all technical development and revisions of laboratory and field test methods of Power System Electrical Maintenance and Instrumentation.
- Prepare all reports on work conducted in the field or Test Laboratory.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Electrical Maintenance and Instrumentation workshops as indicated by Detailed Authorization/Instruction.
- Advise staff on all aspects of test and repair of complex and single characteristics activated Electro-mechanical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and thermal relay or similarly activated instruments.
- Prepare detailed equipment, materials’ funding request and travel requirements for jobs as they are allocated and obtain approval of same when indicated.
- Prepare Planned Maintenance Charts and other Commissioning and Re-commissioning Schedules, Monthly Reports, Progress Reports etc.
- Monitor and report on achievements of Transformer rewinding unit, advice on transformer rewinding methods and constantly look for ways to improve operation of this Unit.
- Manage Calibration schedules and ensure adequate monitoring of Instrumentation and Test Equipment Calibration to facilitate compliance with stipulated requirements.
- Create and manage the work program of the Direct Current and Electronics section to adapt to the evolving requirements of the Power System.
- Respond within reasonable time to system emergencies and /or requests.
- Ensure that systems of accountability of inventories and assets are adhered to in accordance with accounting procedures.
- Ensure that departmental ‘Joint Occupational Safety and Health Committees’ meetings are convened on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and monitor the Sectional Annual Budgets.
- Conduct Performance Appraisals of subordinate staff, assess and determine training needs and makes recommendations.
- Orient, mentor and coach subordinate staff in an effort to aid their development of the requisite job skills.
- Prepare Examinations for Training Department, which would determine the promotion of Electrical Journeyman / Technician in the Section
- Prepare and submit monthly Section’s report
- Problem solving and Analytical Skills
- Time Management:- ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft office suite (Word, Access, Power Point & Excel)
- Mature and independent personality capable of representing and taking initiative on behalf of the company.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities
- High level of organizational skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited institution with at least five (5) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, December 10, 2021.