Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the position of Drivers within our Georgetown Locations.
Under the general supervision of the Revenue Protection and Metering and Field Services Managers, the incumbent will be responsible for driving the company’s vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Drive the company’s vehicle and keep record of mileage.
- Carry out routine check on vehicle to ensure water, oil and correct tyre pressure.
- Report promptly to the Fleet Maintenance Engineer any noticeable major defects and take proper care of vehicle.
- Carry out all transportation runs that are authorized by functional supervisors.
- Drive the company’s vehicle in a safe and careful manner, taking due regard for all Traffic Laws.
- Fuels the assigned vehicle.
- Keep the vehicle (inner and outer) in a clean and tidy manner.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately and submit a written report within twenty-four (24) hours of the occurrence.
- Maintain defensive driving.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Ability to driver a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately.
- Ability to read and interpret road signs
- Ability to perform minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate record and reports
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of the vehicle.
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Sound secondary education with four (4) years’ experience as a driver, and must possess and maintain a safe driving record plus holder of a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or at email@example.com not later than October 26, 2023.