Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Driver – within the Metering Department – Sophia.
Under the general supervision of the Metering Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for driving the company’s vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Drive the company’s vehicle and maintain a record of mileage.
- Perform routine maintenance checks on vehicle(s); ensuring that water, oil and tyre pressure are at optimal levels.
- Report promptly to the Fleet Maintenance Engineer any noticeable major defects and take proper care of any vehicle assigned.
- Execute all transportation duties authorized by functional supervisors.
- Drive the company’s vehicle in a safe and careful manner, taking due regard for all Traffic Laws.
- Fueling the assigned vehicle.
- Keep the vehicle (inner and outer) in a clean and tidy manner.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately and submit a written report within twenty-four (24) hours of the occurrence.
- Maintain defensive driving.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
A valid driver’s license, minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a driver possessing a safe driving record and a sound secondary education.
- Ability to driver a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately.
- Ability to read and interpret road signs
- Ability to perform minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate record and reports
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of the vehicle.
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Manager- Human Resources Services, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than June 19, 2020.