Technician/ Driver- Engineering, Designs and Standards Department
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
We’re excited to announce the search for a skilled and motivated Technician/Driver to join our team at the Engineering, Designs and Standards Department – Middle Street location.
Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for this position.
Under the general direction of the Design Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for conducting voltage and load checks on the Primary and Secondary Distribution Networks, and produce all functional Designs, Estimates and Bills of Quantities for network modifications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Visit and survey sites.
- Prepare designs and estimates for distribution network modifications.
- Prepare estimates for installation of infrastructure.
- Efficiently process Service Orders within the Operating Standards &Performance Targets.
- Network updating in relation to existing and newly added infrastructural work carried out.
- Provide support to the Senior Network Designer/Engineer in designated areas of responsibility.
- Install and remove from the Company’s energized primary and secondary distribution networks in accordance with the standard operating procedure for working on such networks, voltage and load measurements in relation network extensions and related jobs, such as System Improvements
- Process and analyze electrical load measurements to inform network extensions and System Improvements.
- Comply with the requirements of the safety and health legislation.
- Drive the company’s vehicle in a safe and careful manner, taking due regard for all Traffic Laws.
- Record vehicular activities in the vehicle log book.
- Adhere to the company’s vehicle service schedule.
- Carry out routine checks on vehicle to ensure for water, oil and correct tyre pressure.
- Report promptly to the Fleet Maintenance Engineer, any noticeable major defects and take proper care of vehicle.
- Keep the vehicle (inner and outer) in a clean and tidy manner.
- Ensure at all times, that the company’s vehicle has adequate fuel; submit receipts for fuel and any other any expenditure incurred by the vehicle, to the Manager’s Administrative Assistant.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately and submit a written report within twenty-four (24) hours of the occurrence.
- Perform defensive driving at all times.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, by an Authorized Officer
- Thorough understanding of computer software – Skill in the use of Auto-cad.
- Knowledge of Transmission and Distribution Network
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of electrical schematics and blueprints sufficient to interpret and modify/design as needed
- Skill in reading, interpreting and preparing electrical diagrams
- The ability to handle multiple task and need deadlines
- Ability to attend to details
- Ability of safely install testing equipment unto the primary and secondary distribution network.
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safety and appropriately.
- Ability to read and interpret road signs.
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) subjects CSEC. inclusive of Mathematics and English Grades (1- III); along with Apprenticeship Training in Electrical Discipline with two (2) years’ experience.
- Craft Certificate in Electrical Installation from the Government Technical Institute, plus Two (2) years as a Technician 111 and successful completion of Competency test at Technician II.
- Certificate – Board of Industrial Training (electrical), plus four (4) years’ relevant experience.
You must be the holder of a valid driver’s license with four (4) years’ experience.
Salary Grade: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with your curriculum vitae should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power and Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than March 01, 2024 or via email to email@example.com.