Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
We’re excited to announce the search for a results oriented Drivers/Operators, to join our team at the Transmission & Distribution Department – Georgetown, West Demerara & Berbice Locations.
Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for this position.
SUMMARY: Responsible for driving and operating the company’s vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Drive the company’s vehicle and keep record of mileage
- Carry out routine check on vehicle to ensure normal water and oil levels and correct tire pressure.
- Report promptly to the Network Superintendent any noticeable defects and take proper care of vehicle.
- Maintains contact with supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to new location.
- Keeps record of materials and products transported.
- Position blocks and ties rope around items to secure for transport.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load or unload materials.
- Carry out all transportation runs that are authorized by functional supervisors.
- Drive the company’s vehicle in a safe and careful manner, taking due regard for all Traffic Laws.
- Keep the vehicle (inner and outer) in a clean and tidy manner.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately and submit a written report within twenty-four (24) hours of the occurrence.
- Maintain defensive driving.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Sound secondary education plus be the holder of a valid driver’s license (all categories) with four (4) years’ experience as a driver/Operator, also must possess and maintain a safe driving record.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Senior Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or via email to email@example.com, not later than February 15, 2024.