Drivers/Operators – West Demerara & Garden of Eden
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Driver/Operators – Transmission and Distribution Department at the following Locations:
- WEST DEMERARA
- GARDEN OF EDEN
Under the general supervision of the Transmission & Distribution Engineer, the incumbents will be responsible for driving and operating the company’s vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Drive the company’s vehicle and keep a record of mileage
- Carry out routine checks on vehicle to ensure normal water and oil levels and correct tire pressure.
- Report promptly to the Network Superintendent any noticeable defects and take proper care of vehicle.
- Maintains contact with supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to a new location.
- Keeps record of materials and products transported.
- Position blocks and ties rope around items to secure for transport.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load or unload materials.
- Carry out all transportation runs that are authorized by functional supervisors.
- Drive the company’s vehicle in a safe and careful manner, taking due regard for all Traffic Laws.
- Keep the vehicle (inner and outer) in a clean and tidy manner.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately and submit a written report within twenty-four (24) hours of the occurrence.
- Maintain defensive driving
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately.
- Ability to read and interpret road signs
- Ability to perform minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of the vehicle.
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Sound Secondary education plus be the holder of a valid driver’s license (all categories) with four (4) years experience as a driver/Operator, also must possess and maintain a safe driving record.
How to Apply
Applications should reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than August 31, 2021.