Driver/Operators – Garden of Eden, East Bank Demerara and Georgetown locations
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the positions of Driver/Operators – Garden of Eden, East Bank Demerara and Georgetown locations.
Under the general supervision of the Area Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for driving the company’s vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
Drive and operator the company’s vehicle and keep record of mileage.
- Carry out routine check on vehicle to ensure water, oil and correct tyre pressure.
- Report promptly to the Fleet Maintenance Engineer any noticeable major defects and take proper care of vehicle.
- Carry out all transportation runs that are authorized by functional supervisors.
- Drive the company’s vehicle in a safe and careful manner, taking due regard for all Traffic Laws.
- Fuels the assigned vehicle.
- Keep the vehicle (inner and outer) in a clean and tidy manner.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately and submit a written report within twenty-four (24) hours of the occurrence.
- Maintain defensive driving.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Ability to driver a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately.
- Ability to read and interpret road signs
- Ability to perform minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate record and reports
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of the vehicle.
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Sound secondary education with four (4) years’ experience as a driver, and must possess and maintain a safe driving record plus holder of a valid driver’s license.
REWARD: Commensurate with qualification & experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday, February 21, 2023.