Driver/Operators – Berbice
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancies of Driver/Operators – within the Transmission and Distribution Department at the following Berbice Locations:
- # 53 Outpost
- New Amsterdam
Under the general supervision of the Transmission & Distribution Engineers, the incumbents will be responsible for driving and operating the company’s vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Drive the company’s vehicle and keep record of mileage
- Carry out routine check on vehicle to ensure normal water and oil levels and correct tire pressure.
- Report promptly to the Network Superintendent any noticeable defects and take proper care of vehicle.
- Maintains contact with supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to new location.
- Keeps record of materials and products transported.
- Position blocks and ties rope around items to secure for transport.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load or unload materials.
- Carry out all transportation runs that are authorized by functional supervisors.
- Drive the company’s vehicle in a safe and careful manner, taking due regard for all Traffic Laws.
- Keep the vehicle (inner and outer) in a clean and tidy manner.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately and submit a written report within twenty-four (24) hours of the occurrence.
- Maintain defensive driving
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Sound secondary education plus be the holder of a valid driver’s license (all categories) with four (4) years’ experience as a driver/Operator, also must possess and maintain a safe driving record.
- Ability to driver a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately.
- Ability to read and interpret road signs
- Ability to perform minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate record and reports
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of the vehicle.
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs.
How to Apply
Applications should reach the Manager Human Resources Services, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than June 15, 2021.