Draughtsman – Engineering, Designs & Standards Department – Middle Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Draughtsman – Engineering, Designs & Standards Department – Middle Street.
The incumbent will be responsible for the preparation of Company Drawing records.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Convert all electrical system single line drawings to digital format.
- Initiate/Supervise the conversion of Master Diagrams to digital format.
- Visit and survey sites.
- Prepare digital drawing of all disciplines e.g. Mechanical, Electrical and Cartographic.
- Interpret drawing of all disciplines.
- Prepare maps of the Company’s Electrical Network
- Ensure secure storage of all drawing records.
- Provide support to the Senior Design Engineer and any other functional superior in designated areas of responsibility.
- Ensure strict compliance with prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment as prescribed by the Company and the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of computer software – Skill in the use of Auto-cad and GIS programs
- Knowledge of Transmission and Distribution Network
- Knowledge of electrical schematics and blueprints sufficient to interpret and modify/design as needed
- Skill in reading, interpreting and preparing electrical diagrams
- The ability to handle multiple task and deadlines
- Ability to attend to details
Required Qualifications and Experience
Technician Certificate in Architectural Drawing from the Government Technical Institute along with three (3) subjects C.S.E.C including English A, Mathematics, and Technical Drawing (Grades 1-3) or its equivalent with at least five (5) years’ experience.
Three (3) subjects C.S.E.C including Mathematics, English A and Technical Drawing (Grades 1-3) and Apprenticeship Training in Electrical Discipline with at least six (6) years’ experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday, August 25, 2022.