Database Administrator – Information Technology Division – Sophia
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Database Administrator – Information Technology Division – Sophia.
The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance and support of all Database systems pertinent to the Company’s needs in accordance with the Corporate Strategic Plan and Quality Management System of the company and fostering continual improvement and innovation within the corporation.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Research, evaluate, implement and maintain database solutions.
- Conduct software field Audits.
- Install database software solutions.
- Prepare monthly reports relative to database Backups.
- Create and maintain all databases required for development, testing and production usage.
- Train Corporate System staff in relation to Administration of New/Developmental Databases.
- Maintain backups of all Corporate Databases.
- Restore necessary backups to redundant servers.
- Apply necessary patches to all Corporate Databases.
- Implement and enforce security for all Corporate Databases.
- Provide future requirements (capacity planning) for all Corporate Databases.
- Troubleshoot problems regarding all Corporate Databases.
- Interface with vendors for support.
- Record and Document all task/request on TRELLO and SYSAID.
- Orient, mentor, coach and train direct reports in an effort to aid the development.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an authorized officer.
- Knowledge of software systems and software theory
- Trouble-shooting software and software systems
- Knowledge software distribution and needs
- Knowledge in software skills
- Knowledge in Computer systems
Required Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Computer Science from the University of Guyana or a related discipline from an Accredited Institution with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in analyzing computer systems with a Professional database qualification.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with JM ‘A’ emoluments.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday, December 29, 2022.