Data Management Supervisor
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Data Management Supervisor – within the Metering Department – Sophia.
Under the general supervision of the Metering Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for enforcing all relevant data entry/validation, invoice processing, energy meter allocation, queries and feedback that falls under the ambit of the metering Section.
- Monitor and evaluate Data Entry Clerks’ performance in keeping with targets.
- Maintain an efficient accounting and filing system, as well as ensuring all source documents are kept in good condition and are not easily accessible by unauthorized persons.
- Action internal and external queries, follow-up and feedback action is taken and updated to Customer Information System when required.
- Prepare relevant reports and sheet updates to acceptable standards and layouts associated with metering department.
- Verify contractors’ invoices for Manager’s Signature.
- Send standard request via internal mail system to other section and follow-up according to procedure.
- Verify minor and major service orders updates/ edits are completed accurately in Customer Information System.
- Train, couch and orient Direct Reports and ensure that they know the specific functions of their position.
- Communicate organizational standards, policies and regulations to subordinates, making sure these are followed.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies: take corrective actions to resolve conflicts.
- Implement disciplinary action in case of breach of regulations.
- Account for meters’ wrap /allocated/reissued by Data Entry Clerks for installation purposes.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Accountancy/ Management from University of Guyana or its’ equivalent from an Accredited Institution plus certification in Computer Studies with at least six (6) years’ relevant experience at a supervisory level.
Five (5) subjects CSEC (Grade I-III) plus A.C.C.A. Level II, with a Certificate in Computer Studies, with at least seven (7) years’ relevant experience at a supervisory level.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than April 23, 2019.