Data Entry Clerk – Metering & Field Services – Sophia.
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power and Light Incorporated invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Data Entry Clerk within the Metering & Field Services – Sophia.
Under the general direction of the Data Management Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining and entering of all relevant corporate data into the various computerized systems approved by Management as well as attending to queries and preparation of summary for payment to contractors.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Enter data to the relevant database and spreadsheets accurately and efficiently in keeping with the Metering Department targets.
- Communicate via telephone and/or mail with internal or external customers, ensuring that follow-up and feedback action is taken and updated to CIS, when required.
- Prepare relevant summary to substantiate payment of Contractor and Vehicle Invoices.
- Wrap prepaid meters and ensure return to Metering Stores.
- Allocate prepaid meters as per request from Team Leaders.
- Verify postpaid meters in CIS inventory and follow-up with relevant section for clearance, if active.
- Update Prepaid Database and CIS as per refurbish prepaid meter’s information.
- Ensure work area is safe at all times and all equipment turned off at the end of the workday.
- Perform continuous self-monitoring and evaluation to improve performance targets
- Ensure ISO Compliance throughout the various processes under your control resulting in zero percent (0%) non- conformity.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the Safety and Health Legislation, regulations and contractual obligations and promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations/Adhering to the Standard Line Practice Codes and Safety rules of the Company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Proficient in the use of computer Microsoft Applications
- Proficient Writing and Typing ability
- Ability to perform wide variety of administrative functions
- Knowledge on Microsoft programs
- Ability to work with a team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer oriented skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects C.X.C./G.C.E. Ordinary Level, including English Language, Mathematics and Information Technology & certificate in Computer Studies, with three (3) years relevant experience
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, June 3, 2022.