Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Data Analyst – within the Revenue Assurance and Protection Department – Sheriff Street.
The incumbent will be responsible managing and leading the Data Management Section to gather, organize, cleanse, analyze and report on Customer data, for use by the Loss Reduction Division to aid work assignment and decision-making.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Liaise with the Departments of the Loss Reduction Division to understand customer accounts issues and devise solutions.
- Gather, cleanse and analyze customer data from the various data sources, for example, Customer Information System (CIS) and Juice for information and insights.
- Compile reports to present to the Departments of the Customer Services Division to help with work assignments and decision-making.
- Communicate information and insights derived from the analysis to the Departments of the Loss Reduction Division.
- Update databases with new or adjusted data
- Analyze training and development needs of staff
- Develop on the job training plans for staff.
- Recommend external training programs for staff
- Ensure that the work area is orderly and clean.
- Maintain discipline of staff in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Conduct performance review and appraisal with Direct Reports.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Proficient in Data Analysis tools and techniques
- Proficient with Data Presentation tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Database development and management
- Knowledge of Customer Information Systems (CIS)
- Knowledge of numerical and statistical analysis
- Supervisory Skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Economics/Analytics/Business/engineering or BS/BA with combination thereof and related analytic work experience/and or relevant certifications.
- Two (2) years of work experience in data analysis or other related analytical projects.
- Experience working with databases including Oracle, SQL Server, Customer Information System (Customer Information System) TUNet.
- Strong Proficiency in query/reporting tools, SQL, Advanced Excel, Tableau (or similar visualization tool).
- Experience working with very large data sets (on relational as well as non-relational data stores).
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street or by email email@example.com, Georgetown not later than November 15, 2023.