Customer Services Clerk – Customer Services Division – Mon Repos, East Coast Demerara.
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Customer Services Clerk – Customer Services Division – Mon Repos, East Coast Demerara.
Under the general direction of the Team Leader, the incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality of service to our customers.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Share new and currents initiatives with customers by enlightening and encouraging them to use GPL’s value added services provided.
- Process Service Orders for field investigation for new service and any other field investigation that maybe required (Meter reads, Tariff, Dials, Status, and Meter Tests etc).
- Assist with follow up on outstanding investigations based on outstanding queries so that same can be resolved within CSS.
- Process customers request of all New Service, Change of Tenancy, Meter Change, Voltage Change, Permanent and Temporary Shift and Removal of Service application in keeping with Departments’ procedures.
- Inject efforts to achieve all targets as set out in your Performance Plan
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of all Customer Service Standards, Procedures and policies of the company, division and department.
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Assist with the preparing of monthly –statistical and accounting data: –
- Attendance Reports
- Prepare Letters: payment receipts, payment arrangements/invoices, Capital Contribution Invoices, theft of Electricity and adjustment Letters or correspondences for customers.
- Conduct pre-exception processing and prepare adjustments for meter change, billing audits and other adjustment for customers’ accounts.
- Prepare relevant batch entries for adjustment batches (debit) for cash adjustments/deposit processing) theft of Electricity and submitting same to supervisor to be updated.
- Create Cycle Billing, Manual batches, Cancelled Batches and Final Bill Batches via the Bill Processing Feature in Customer Information System and apprising Supervisor of all completed processes (Pre-exception, Adjustments, Bill Processing).
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Required Qualifications and Experience
Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language and Mathematics (Grades I-III), plus certificate in Computer Studies, with one (1) year relevant experience.
Commensurate with your qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, October 21, 2022.