Contract Meter Readers – Onverwagt, Chesney, New Amsterdam & Corriverton
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power and Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Contract Meter Readers, which exist within the Customer Services Department – NEW AMSTERDAM, CHESNEY, ONVERWAGT & CORRIVERTON.
Under the direction and control of the Supervisor, the incumbent will directly be responsible for the reading of Energy Meters and taking notes of any irregularities or inaccuracies encountered within a specified area also to deliver a high quality of service to our customers and be responsible for the following duties:
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Read all Meters given in the cycle accurately and enter the data into the Handheld Units and/or Meter Sheets immediately.
- Ensure work is executed in the stipulated period, authorized by the Senior Meter Reader.
- Report on all irregularities found (Defective, Meter Taken Off, Cannot Find, Meter Read, and Not Reads).
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of procedures & policies of the company, division and department
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Thorough knowledge of geographic locations.
- Ability to present legible written reports.
- Ability to make simple and accurate mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of company operations, license and standard terms and conditions.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language and Mathematics, plus a Certificate in Computer Studies, with three (3) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than August 12, 2021.
Persons, who do not possess the relevant requirements, should not apply.