Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
TERMS OF REFERENCE
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of a Computer Technician within Information Technology Department, Sophia.
Under the direction of the Senior Computer Technician, the successful candidate will be responsible for installing and updating approved software; performing installation, maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting of desktops, laptops, and printers within the company.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
- Install, configure and maintain all client computers, printers and accessories.
- Troubleshoot and resolve laptops, printers and desktop hardware issues.
- Provide second tier support to clients via telephone or site visits.
- Monitor and track upgrades, fixes, etc. for Computer platforms.
- Maintain inventory for all Client Computers and related equipment.
- Perform installation and upgrade anti-virus software on client computers in accordance with GPL’s virus protection policy.
- Resolve all Hardware related technical problems.
- Perform client Operating Systems and approved applications installation
- Crimp cables and Basic Network Troubleshooting
- Create user profiles and password reset in Active Directory.
- Manage technical documentation for client hardware.
- Establish good relations with all clients and colleagues.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an authorized officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Five (5) subjects C.X.C./GCE ‘O’ levels including Mathematics, English and Information Technology PLUS COMPTIA A+ Certified Service Professional Certification.
- Five (5) subjects C.X.C./GCE ‘O’ levels including Mathematics, English and Information Technology with at least five (5) years experience in Computer Repairs and Maintenance
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than November 27, 2019.