Computer Aided Design Technician
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
An opportunity awaits a results-oriented professional skilled in using software to develop computer designs to join our team as a Computer Aided Design Technician.
The successful applicant will be responsible for preparing the Company’s drawing records as a team member of the Engineering, Designs & Standards Department – Middle Street, Georgetown.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Convert all electrical system single-line drawings to digital format.
- Initiate/Supervise the conversion of Master Diagrams to digital format.
- Visit and survey sites.
- Prepare digital drawings of all disciplines e.g. Mechanical, Electrical and Cartographic.
- Interpret drawing of all disciplines.
- Prepare maps of the Company’s Electrical Network.
- Ensure secure storage of all drawing records.
- Provide support to the Senior Design Engineer and any other functional superior in designated areas of responsibility.
- Ensure strict compliance with prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment as prescribed by the Company and the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment from an Authorized Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of computer software – Skill in the use of Auto-CAD and GIS programs
- Knowledge of Transmission and Distribution Network
- Knowledge of electrical schematics and blueprints sufficient to interpret and modify/design as needed
- Skill in reading, interpreting and preparing electrical diagrams
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to attend to details
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/ Economics/ Analytics/ Business/Engineering or BS/BA with a combination thereof and related analytic work experience/and or relevant certifications.
- Two (2) years of work experience in data analysis or other related analytical projects.
- Experience working with databases including Oracle, SQL Server, Customer Information System (Customer Information System) TUNet.
- Strong Proficiency in query/reporting tools, SQL, Advanced Excel, Tableau (or similar visualization tool).
- Experience working with very large data sets (on relational as well as non-relational data stores).
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through your Departmental Head to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than November 18, 2022.