Clerk of Works – Networks Operations Division – Middle Street, Georgetown
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Clerk of Works – which exist within the Networks Operations Division – Middle Street, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Line Construction Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for all site activities pertaining to construction works for projects undertaken by the Electrification Projects Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Carry out detailed onsite monitoring and oversight of all electrification and feeder construction activities, for compliance with company construction standards.
- Do detailed recording of material usage.
- Ensure close adherence to company safety standards and codes of practice.
- Prepare material requisitions at suitable intervals or as the need arises, to maintain project momentum.
- Ensure that unused material is returned to the stores with appropriate documentation.
- Identify risks and communicate them to the Line Construction Engineer.
- Maintain an active asset register as work progresses.
- Recommend deviations from design to Line Construction Engineer.
- Provide technical advice to contractors’ staff where appropriate.
- Provide detailed weekly updates on work progress to Line Construction Engineer.
- Ensue that worksites are left in a clean and tidy condition with all unwanted material removed and disposed of.
- Take part in onsite meetings with project and contractor personnel.
- Perform the functions of Authorized Personnel for all work requiring isolation and earthing.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY PROFILE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (report writing)
- Ability to analyze and interpret Technical Drawings and Bill of Quantities
- Ability to define or identify problem, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusion
- Must be able to meet deadline
- Proficient in the use of computer software – Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to set priority, respond quickly to issues that arise and supervise Contractors
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Technology (Civil) or its equivalent, with at least five (5) years, experience in the Construction Field at a Supervisor Level.
- Ordinary Technical Diploma or General Technical Diploma or its equivalent, with at least five (5) years’ experience in the Construction Field at a Supervisor Level.
- City and Guilds Civil Technician Certificate – Parts I & II or its equivalent, with seven (7) years’ experience in the Construction Field at a Supervisory Level.
- City and Guilds Craft Certificate (Parts III) in Civil Works or its equivalent, with ten (10) year relevant experience at a Supervisory Level.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, March 17, 2023.