Clerk of Works – Facilities Services Department – Middle Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the position of Clerk of Works – Facilities Services Department – Middle Street
Under the general direction of the Civil Engineer (Capital Works), the incumbent will be responsible all site activities pertaining to construction works for projects undertaken by the Facilities Management Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Responsible for day-to-day site inspection and supervision of construction works that are done by external Contractors to ensure standards and specifications are adhered to. This includes work progress, quality of workmanship and ensuring that correct materials are used.
- Ensure compliance to the Method of Statement of construction and work schedules are adhered to.
- Keep detailed site records of various aspects of works, which includes but not limited to the progress and delays if any, site manpower, weather condition, drawings received and instruction from the Engineer.
- Issue memo to Contractors for non-compliance with the required quality standard, construction drawing and specifications.
- Prepare and update daily report, verify progress report and attend site meetings.
- Coordinate all site activities (materials in/out) and highlighting construction issues to Civil Engineer/Consultant.
- Verify and document all tests performed on site materials, systems, and use of all quality control mechanisms in the quality management system.
- Liaise with contractors for defects rectification works during the defects liability period.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCY PROFILE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (report writing)
- Ability to analyze and interpret Technical Drawings and Bill of Quantities
- Ability to define or identify problem, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusion
- Must be able to meet deadline
- Proficient in the use of computer software – Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to set priority, respond quickly to issues that arise and supervise Contractors
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Technology (Civil) or its equivalent, with at least five (5) years, experience in the Construction Field at a Supervisor Level.
Ordinary Technical Diploma or General Technical Diploma or its equivalent, with at least five (5) years’ experience in the Construction Field at a Supervisor Level.
City and Guilds Civil Technician Certificate – Parts I & II or its equivalent, with seven (7) years’ experience in the Construction Field at a Supervisory Level.
City and Guilds Craft Certificate (Parts III) in Civil Works or its equivalent, with ten (10) year relevant experience at a Supervisory Level.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Thursday, August 25, 2022.