Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, G.P.L Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Clerical Assistant – within the Diesel Generation Department– Bartica, Essequibo.
Under the general direction of the Technical & Administrative Superintendent, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing (type) letters, memoranda, reports, etc. pertaining to the department by copying from manuscripts or printed documents (attendance, absenteeism, sickness report and staff changes requisition forms).
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Prepare (type) letters, memoranda, reports, etc. pertaining to the department by copying from manuscripts or printed documents (attendance, absenteeism, sickness reports and Staff Changes Requisition Forms).
- Receives requests, complaints, and information from the public and either handles or transmits to the Generation Engineer.
- Maintain an efficient filing and records system (Organize, label, file, and photocopy documents and memoranda).
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of office equipment and stock of all stationery for the department
- Coordinate with the Office Attendant on the tidiness of the office
- Take notes at meetings, reports, etc. and prepares minutes on a timely basis
- Receive, enter and route all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare and follow through on all Request for Purchase (RFP)
- Compile and input daily status (Fuel) report on the computer for the Power Stations
- Compile the department’s month-end reports
- Ensure that all departmental ISO Procedures are updated and ready available for Audit and staff usage
- Prepare petty cash voucher and statement also hire vehicle payment
- Check security ( when necessary), contractors’ invoices and overtime sheets
- Prepare daily updates on station performance.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Required Qualifications and Experience
Three (3) subjects C.S.E.C including Mathematics and English Language and Typewriting Certificate plus G.T.I Business Education Certificate in Administrative Principles and Practices and Diploma in Computer Studies or its equivalent.
Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C including Mathematics and English Language and Typewriting Certificate plus Diploma in Computer Studies or its equivalent with two (2) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Friday, September 22, 2023.