Clerical Assistant – Transmission & Distribution Department – Onverwagt, Berbice
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Clerical Assistant, which exist within the Transmission & Distribution Department – Onverwagt, Berbice.
Under the general direction of the Transmission & Distribution Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing (type) letters, memoranda, reports, etc. pertaining to the department by copying from manuscripts or printed documents (attendance, absenteeism, sickness report and staff changes requisition forms).
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Prepare (type) letters, memoranda, reports, etc. pertaining to the department by copying from manuscripts or printed documents (attendance, absenteeism, sickness reports and Staff Changes Requisition Forms).
- Receive requests, complaints, and information from the public and either handles or transmits to the T & D Engineer.
- Maintain an efficient filing and records system (Organize, label, file, and photocopy documents and memoranda).
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of office equipment and stock of all stationery for the department.
- Coordinate with the Office Attendant on the tidiness of the office, ensuring that it is ready for the commencement of the work at the beginning of each workday.
- Take notes at meetings, reports, etc. and prepares minutes on a timely basis.
- Receive, enter and route all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare and follow through on all Request for Purchase (RFP) for the department and the other T&D Locations.
- Compile the department’s month-end reports after receiving same from various T&D Locations.
- Ensure that all departmental ISO Procedures are updated and ready available for Audit and staff usage.
- Prepare petty cash voucher and statement also hire vehicle payment.
- Check security &contractor’s invoices and overtime sheets.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Required Qualifications and Experience
Three (3) subjects C.S.E.C including Mathematics and English Language and Typewriting Certificate plus G.T.I Business Education Certificate in Administrative Principles and Practices and Diploma in Computer Studies or its equivalent.
Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C including Mathematics and English Language and Typewriting Certificate plus Diploma in Computer Studies or its equivalent with two (2) years relevant experience.