Civil Engineering Technician – Facilities Department – Middle Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Civil Engineering Technician – Facilities Department – Middle Street.
Under the general direction of the Civil Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing estimates and reports for projects undertaken by the Facilities Management Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Prepare drawings and estimates for construction costs and materials.
- Review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirement.
- Prepare report and document project activities undertaken by the Facilities Department.
- Report any issue/problem occurring at worksite to the Civil Engineer and make recommendations to resolve same.
- Conduct materials test and analysis and generate reports for same.
- Respond to suggestions and complaints.
- Determine the suitability and availability of existing facilities.
- Inspect project site and ensure conformity to design specification and applicable codes.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an authorized officer
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (report writing)
Ability to analyze and interpret drawings
Ability to define or identify problem, establish facts and draw conclusion
Must be able to meet deadline
Thorough understanding of computer software – AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel
Must be familiar with the laws of the Regional Democratic Councils and Neighbourhood Democratic Councils.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Technology (Civil) from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an Accredited Institution, with at least three (3) years, experience in the Construction Field at a Supervisor Level.
2. Ordinary Technical Diploma or General Technical Diploma from Government Technical Institute or its equivalent from an Accredited Institution, with at least five (5) years’ experience in the Construction Field at a Supervisor Level.
3. City and Guilds Civil Technician Certificate – Parts I & II or its equivalent, with seven (7) years’ experience in the Construction Field at a Supervisory Level.
REWARD: Commensurate with qualification & experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Tuesday, August 16, 2022.