Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results-oriented professionals who are interested in joining our team at Guyana Power and Light Inc. In this regard, G.P.L Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Civil Engineer – within the Engineering Design and Standards Department, Middle Street, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Head – Engineering & Standards Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the execution of general administration/managerial functions associated with that of capital civil engineering works in the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Prepare engineering documents by developing construction specifications, drawing, bills of quantities and schedules within GPL Inc.
- Inspect, evaluate and submit technical reports on capital projects that are executed by the Facilities Management Department.
- Prepare tender documents for civil works.
- Evaluate tender documents and make recommendations thereon.
- Perform Quality Control Checks on all related civil works and processes.
- Advise the Head of Engineering & Standards Unit on improved techniques, programmes and technical standards pertinent to all civil works
- Maintain Technical Specifications Database by entering, storing data and completing backups.
- Monitor performance of direct reports and advise the Head of Engineering & Standards Unit on staff changes and training requirements.
- Monitor all works with respect to quality control and progress of construction
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with subordinates and other employees
- Rectify all problems/faults in extreme circumstances pertaining to emergencies.
- Assist in training and orientation of staff
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from and Authorized Officer.
|· Knowledge of practical application of Engineering Science & Technology
|· Knowledge of maintenance technique and principle
|· Familiar with the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
|· Knowledge of construction cost estimates and scheduling specification
|· Be conversant with the following: Factories Act, Occupational Safety and Health Act, Electricity Sector Reform Act, Environmental Protection Act and Guyana Power and Light License.
|· Familiar with Construction and Building Codes
|· Ability to review and interprets construction and maintenance blueprint and specification
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Guyana or an Accredited University with three (3) years relevant experience.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with JM ‘A’ emoluments.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. not later than January 19, 2024.