Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Chemist– within the Health, Safety, Environmental & Laboratory Services Department– Kingston, Georgetown.
The incumbent will be responsible for executing related managerial and administrative functions within the Guyana Power & Light Inc. laboratory. And to ensure that all lubricants, fuel, transformer or insulating oils and water are to specification for use in the various plants within the ambit of the Company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ensures that both Oil and Water Laboratories are operational
- Ensures that Water analyses are done in a timely manner.
- Reports any unusual development of a chemical nature in the system and recommend corrective action.
- Prepares R.F.P.s for chemicals and equipment for analytical work in both Laboratories.
- Recommends test methods for use in both Oil and Water Laboratories when necessary.
- Ensures the specification of lubricants and fuels that are received whether by bulk shipment, tankers, and fuel boats within the system, correspond with the required manufacture’s specification.
- Ensures that adequate supplies of chemicals are available for Laboratory
- Ensure the preparation, implementation and improvement of the Quality Management System within the Laboratory.
- Ensures the preparation of reagents, for chemical analysis.
- Prepares current and capital expenditure budget for Laboratory chemicals & equipment
- Ensures a safety focused culture within the Laboratory and associated activities.
- Provides or arrange appropriate support and coaching and delegating fully so that individuals are empowered to take on more responsibility.
- Monitoring and reporting on all field related activities
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Chemistry from the University of Guyana or an accredited institution, with three (3) years’ experience in an Industrial/ Power Generation environment.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday May 06, 2022.