Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
An opportunity awaits a qualified results-oriented individual to join our team as a Carpenter within the Facilities Department at Middle Street, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Foreman Carpenter/Joiner, the incumbent will be responsible for maintenance works of buildings and facilities within the Company.
- Carry out repairs to timber structures within the Company.
- Installation of doors and windows to timber frames.
- Installation of door locks, cupboard locks and form work for all concrete works.
- Construction of shelves and cupboards.
- Accurately set out carpentry works in strict accordance with drawings.
- Ensure that during carpentry works all joints are correctly made and secure tightly.
- Maintain doors, windows, furniture and other items.
- Construction and repairs to roof and stairs.
- Set up scaffolding for all works to the building, ceiling flooring and roofing.
- Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment.
- Carry out minor works of bricklaying and concreting.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic handheld and power tools.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment and materials used in carpentry.
- Knowledge of Bricklaying and Concreting
- Good Interpersonal Skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) subjects C.S.EC. including Mathematics, English Language and Technical Drawing (Grade 1-111) plus a Craft Certificate course in Carpentry & Joinery from GTI with three (3) years experience.
- Four (4) subjects C.S.EC. (One (1) must be English Language) plus Certificate in Carpentry from G.I.T.C. with five (5) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than November 18, 2022.