Automotive Electrician/Electronic Technician II
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant positions of Automotive Electrician/Electronic Technician II – within the Fleet Maintenance Department – Kingston, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for servicing, repairing, installing, dismantling, replacing, assembling and maintaining of the Company’s fleet of vehicles to ensure availability and operational levels.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ability to utilize diagnostic tools to rectify electrical faults.
- Ability to diagnose electrical malfunctions within automotive systems.
- Performing field Service and electrical maintenance on vehicles.
- Assessing the electrical system of a vehicle using diagnostic testing equipment.
- Carrying out repairs or replacing broken parts (starters, alternators, etc).
- Carrying out tests on the vehicle to ensure that it has been properly repaired.
- Using readings to diagnose faults and decide how best to repair them.
- Ability to install electrical systems.
- Assisting with mechanical problems experienced.
- Reporting status of vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Test all completed jobs to ensure that engines, systems and components operate according to specification.
- Observe good housekeeping, safety practices and procedures.
- Ensure that all forms/checklist or records are filled out correctly
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Ability to apply electrical principles to practical situations using specialized and hand tools and techniques in effecting repairs to vehicles/equipment.
- Ability to perform in repetitive, concrete, organized activities such as test driving vehicles/equipment to determine operating efficiency.
- Familiar with application of all types of vehicle electrical circuits
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and repair on equipment and vehicles
- Demonstrate the ability to disassemble, and assemble electrical components.
- Familiar with the requirements and needs for good preventative maintenance
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Craft Certificate in Automotive Electrical/Electronic Servicing and Repairs plus Three (3) subjects CSEC (Grades I-III) plus with at least three (3) years relevant experience.
- Five (5) subjects CSEC plus GPL Motor Vehicle Technician Certificate with four (4) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Thursday, April 28, 2022.