Assistant Purchasing Supervisor – Fuel – Procurement Department – Main Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Assistant Purchasing Supervisor –Fuel within the Procurement Department – Main Street.
Under the general supervision of the Purchasing Supervisor – Fuel, the incumbent will be responsible for purchasing of fuel and lubricants and the distribution of same to all locations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Assist with the preparation of monthly fuel requirement forecast in accordance with the quantities stipulated in the established fuel contract.
- Assist with the preparation of Customs Clearance though the Guyana Revenue Authority for each shipment using the Proforma Invoice received.
- Assist with the distribution of Notice of Readiness to all receiving ports.
- Assist with the fuel receiving activities on behalf of GPL Inc.
- Conduct ullage to verify the quantity and temperature of fuel brought by the vessel, in the absence of the Purchasing Supervisor – Fuel.
- Assist with the co-ordination of the purchase of Light Fuel Oil (LFO) and Lubricants from local suppliers for the various Power Stations using the Daily Usage Report for LFO and Inventory Stock Requests from the Stations for lubricants:
- Raise a Request for Purchase (RFP) document for LFO;
- Seek quotations from local fuel companies to determine most comparative price: Rubis, SOL and Guyoil;
- Prepare and issue Purchase Order (PO) to the selected company.
- Monitor the loading of LFO, which is transported by the river barge from the selected supplier (Guyoil, Rubis or Sol) to Bartica, Leguan, Wakenaam and Vilvoorden Essequibo Coast.
- Assist with the compilation of monthly report for the Guyana Energy Agency regarding fuel purchases both local and foreign, as well as lubricants and a Monthly Fuel Report to the Finance Department.
- Work closely with the Field Services, Facilities Management, Diesel Generation and Internal Audit Departments regarding fuel-receiving activities at the various ports, in the absence of Purchasing Supervisor – Fuel.
- Ensure that fuel and lubricants are adequately supplied and maintained.
- Assist with the payments to all suppliers for fuel, transportation services and lubricants.
- Prepare application for Duty Free Letters from Guyana Revenue Authority and annual compliance of Fuel Licenses from the Guyana Energy Agency for fuel and lubricants purchases, in the absence of Purchasing Supervisor – Fuel.
- Orient, mentor appraise and coach direct reports in an effort to aid their development of the requisite job skills and where necessary take action to improve performance.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment,
from an Authorized Officer.
- Proficient with most Microsoft office applications
- Supervisory Skills
- Knowledge of Procurement Management Software
- Exemplary Customer Service Skills, including dealing efficiently with the public
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to deliver consistent performance
- Conversant with the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License and National Procurement Act
- Knowledge of Contract Law in its application to purchase process
- Knowledge of local and foreign purchase using Guyana Revenue Authority requirements
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Business/Public Management or Accountancy from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an Accredited Institution with at least three (3) years relevant experience.
C.C.A. Level II with five (5) CSEC subjects including Mathematics and English, with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, June 3, 2022.