Assistant Purchasing Supervisor – Foreign – Procurement Department – Main Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Assistant Purchasing Supervisor – Foreign within the Procurement Department, Main Street.
Under the general direction of the Purchasing Supervisor -Fuel, the incumbent will be responsible for the timely preparation of documents to facilitate the procurement of goods and services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Comply with all relevant Processes, Laws and Policies for the procurement of goods and services and recommend any improvement to all Internally Controlled Procedures.
- Adheres to the department and Tender Board’s regulations and procedures.
- Receive, analyze and process requisitioned items for quantity and specification and investigate sources of supply to meet delivery requirement.
- Assist with issuing quotation requests, receives and records quotations from potential suppliers and issue to user department for evaluation.
- Expedite all approved Purchase Orders and maintain a follow up system to ensure prompt delivery and payment at the right time.
- Send the required copy of the Foreign Purchase Order is sent to the Inventory Management Department and User Department for items, which will be delivered to the Stores.
- Review submissions for MTC/Tender Board on all items that have reached the required amount.
- Prepare Request for Payments verifying the supplier submits all relevant documentation and information.
- Check invoices for processing of payment to supplier, notifying the Procurement Supervisor- Foreign of any discrepancy.
- Assist with preparing documents related to Guyana Revenue Authority upon receipt of documents.
- Keep all records up to date for all foreign transaction
- Submit information towards the preparation of Foreign Status Report to the Purchasing Supervisor- Fuel
- Assist in preparing and maintaining statistical and other reports as requested by Procurement Officer or Procurement Manager.
- Prepare required Performance Plan.
- Inject all efforts to achieve Key Performance Indicators set out in your Performance Plan.
- Comply with all Occupational Safety and Health procedures and legislation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Proficient with most Microsoft Office Applications
- Supervisory Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of Procurement management Software
- Exemplary Customer Service Skills, including dealing efficiently with the public
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to deliver consistent performance
- Conversant with the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector
Reform Act, GPL’s License and National Procurement Act
- Knowledge of Contract Law in its application to purchase process
- Knowledge of Local and foreign Purchase using Guyana Revenue Authority Requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Business/Public Management or Accountancy from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an Accredited Institution with at least three (3) years relevant experience.
C.C.A. Level 11 with five (5) CSEC subjects including Mathematics and English with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, June 3, 2022.