Assistant Network Administrator
Closing Date August 9, 2019 closed
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of “Assistant Network Administrator” within the Information Technology – Operations Department.
Under the general direction of the Network Administrator, the incumbent will be responsible for effective managing, installation/configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of the networking infrastructure
- Design, install, configure, and maintain the corporate Local Area Networks and Wide Area Network.
- Secure network by developing network/internet access policies.
- Document Network Infrastructure.
- Oversee network security with relation to internal and external user access.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for network administration tasks.
- Monitor daily activity with special emphasis on data throughput and data collisions.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning.
- Perform regular I.T security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Ensure structured network cabling design and installation that is governed by standards for data centres and offices.
- Provide support per request from various departments. Investigate and troubleshoot network related issues.
- Crimp, test and label of network outlets and cables.
- Configure and Install network appliances.
- Maintain adequate levels of network accessories (CAT5/6 cables, RJ connectors, patch cables SFP modules, etc.).
- Manage the following servers/appliances (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, FTP Servers, PRTG Server, APs).
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Communications, or a related discipline with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the Network Administration Environment.
- Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Communications or a related discipline with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience within a Network Administration Environment. MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than August 09, 2019.