Assistant Network Administrator
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of “Assistant Network Administrator” within the Information Technology – Operations Department, Sophia.
Under the general direction of the Network Administrator, the incumbent will be responsible for effectively managing, installing/configuring, monitoring, and maintaining GPL’s networking infrastructure.
- Design, install, configure, and maintain the corporate Local Area Networks and Wide Area Network.
- Secure GPL’s network by developing network/internet access policies.
- Document Network Infrastructure.
- Oversee network security in relation to internal and external user access.
- Research and recommend innovative practises, and where possible automated approaches for network administration tasks.
- Monitor daily activity with special emphasis on data throughput and data collisions.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning.
- Perform regular I.T security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Ensure structured network cabling design and installation that is governed by standards for data centres and offices.
- Provide support per request from various departments.
- Investigate and troubleshoot network related issues.
- Crimping, testing and labelling of network outlets and cables.
- Configure and install network appliances.
- Maintain adequate levels of network accessories (CAT5/6 cables, RJ connectors, patch cables SFP modules, etc.).
- Manage the following servers/appliances (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, FTP Servers, PRTG Server, APs)
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorised Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
BSc. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Communications, or a related discipline with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the Network Administration Environment.
Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Communications or a related discipline with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience within a Network Administration Environment.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification with a minimum of (5) years’ experience within a Network Administration Environment.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than January 31, 2020.