Assistant Corporate Communications Officer
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
Do you have a desire to advance your career in Corporate Communications? If you are dedicated, creative, enthusiastic and ready to take the next step in your professional journey, we want to hear from you. Apply for the position of Assistant Corporate Communications Officer.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to support the Corporate Communications Unit in executing its communication strategies.
- Assist with the execution of the company’s communication plans to support corporate objectives.
- Create and manage content on various communication platforms, including corporate website and social media pages (Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Create and post social media and web content according to the company’s social media strategy.
- Assist with targeted corporate initiatives geared towards engagement with the public and stakeholders.
- Assist with planning events, including press conferences, exhibitions, career fairs and employee engagement activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with all departments, media outlets and Influencers.
- Assist with preparing press releases, newsletters, brochures and flyers for dissemination.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather information and ensure accurate and consistent reporting of information through internal and external communication channels.
- Monitor media coverage and industry trends (via surveys and statistical analyses) to inform corporate communications strategies and the effectiveness of deployed strategies.
- Assist with the management of the company’s internal and external images.
|· Excellent oral and written communication skills|
|· Computer literacy (Micro Soft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)|
· Graphic Design (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
· Photography and Videography ( Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Audition, After Effects)
|· Flexible and possess the ability to perform effectively under pressure|
|· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously|
|· Responsible and able to meet deadlines|
|· Good interpersonal skills|
|· Customer focused|
Required Qualifications and Experience
. Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Management or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience.
Diploma in Communications, Marketing, Management or related field with a minimum of four (4) years of experience.
Certified skills in communications, social media or a related field from a reputable academic institution with at least five (5) years of relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than October 17, 2023 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.