Asset Management and Pension Accountant
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our team within the Finance Division – Main Street, Georgetown. Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for the vacant position of Asset Management and Pension Accountant.
Under the general direction of the Chief Accountant, the incumbent has the responsibility of effectively maintaining a documentation system for all employees within the pension scheme and supervising the process for fixed assets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Comply with all procedures relating to Finance within Guyana Power and Light.
- Enforce adherence to and adhere to guidelines of acquisition, maintenance and disposal of fixed assets and guidelines of the existing Trust Deed and Rules.
- Develop and maintain system where asset valuations are applied and recorded.
- Verify schedules of fixed assets are prepared and maintained and that costs of improvements and enhance performance of existing assets are capitalized.
- Update transactions (inclusive of closing procedures) to all modules of the asset management data base.
- Determine asset classifications and coordinate revaluation of asset exercise.
- Optimize asset control and inventory management processes to track accountability, identification, location and lifecycle status of assets.
- Facilitate disposal/replacement planning decisions, based on the remaining useful life, repair costs and total utilization of assets.
- Monitors the cost in the work plan for the section and ensure that the cost is consistent with the allocated budget cost.
- Oversee and verify the physical verification of fixed assets as per schedule; and they have been reconciled to register.
- Verify inventory discrepancies are investigated and resolved.
- Facilitates the write off of damaged/obsolete assets
- Assists in developing, implementing and improving asset management processes and procedures and regulatory instruments (Trust Deeds and Rules)
- Submits data to facilitate adequate insurance coverage of assets.
- Coordinates the approval of investment of Pension Funds requests.
- Verify the preparation of Actuarial Valuation data
- Monitor the preparation of data for IAS 19 report
- Coordinates all aspects of employees’ pension benefits.
- Liaises with Actuaries, Auditors, Trustees and Regulatory Authority
- Ensures the timely preparation of monthly and annual accounts
- Submit Related Schedule to the Trustees for the annual external audit
- Prepare Work Plan and Performance Plan.
- Orient, mentor and Coach Direct Report in keeping with their Performance Plan and Core Competencies as outlined in their Job Description and take steps to correct areas of poor performance.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
|· Knowledge of Asset Management Database
|· Knowledge of Health and Safety Act
|· Conversant with ISO 9001 QMS
|· Conversant and ability to work on project
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Fully qualified member of professional accountancy body (ACCA, CIMA or CPA) or internationally recognized equivalent with five (5) years’ experience in a similar management role in a commercial/ business environment.
- Degree in Accountancy, A.C.C.A Fundamental level II with eight (8) years’ experience in the relevant field.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Senior Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 6, 2024 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.