Applications Analyst – Information Technology Division – Sophia
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our team within the Information Technology Division-Sophia. Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for the impending vacant position of Applications Analyst.
Under the general direction of the Client Services Manager, the incumbent will plan, manage and improve the support of IT Division customers i.e. GPL staff and other defined users, and engender maximum use of corporate business systems, reporting and communications by same.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Data-driven planning, and the communication of plans regarding the services provided to IT Division customers to achieve outcomes identified in Divisional and Company Strategic Plans.
- Manage Support Desk with a system of responsive, communicative, same-day support.
- Assist in up-to-date management of end-user software.
- Assist in maintaining the availability of computing services, with spares kept for customer equipment e.g. computers, software and various printers.
- Sensitization of all personnel about the existence and function of ‘all business systems, e.g. AIS, AMI, (TUNET-USSI), HIS, CIS and CIS Infinity.Link, EBS (GL, AP, 1 & P), FDCI, GIS, GIS Map Server, HRIS, HOMER, ltron FCS, ltron MVRS, ltron PCPro+, JUICE, PLEXOS, PSS SINCAL, SMS Freedom, Vehicle Tracking, etc.
- Orientation of all personnel in the use of the Support Desk and applications.
- Orientation of appropriate departments in the correct and full use of pertinent systems for accurate and efficient work, including mobile and desktop business apps that allow remote or collaborative work (mail, documents, Teams, Slack, Trello, etc.) .
- Orientation of supervisory positions, e.g. supervisors, senior managers and executives, in the correct and full use of existing reporting features in systems/ apps, the standardization of reports — and the algorithm for such reports.
- Documenting all algorithms used to generate reports from existing software, and change management/ versioning and attribution of such reports/ algorithms.
- Sensitize relevant departments in high quality data entry into systems of record, e.g. CIS, with initiation and monitoring of corrective measures.
- Assist in monitoring/ verification of system usage by end-users to assess value for money of investment/ expense, and suitability of staff to a business process.
- Suggest application solutions, e.g. alternative solutions for better value or fit of solution.
- Aid Data protection risk assessment and mitigation.
- Ensure that documentation pertinent to the company’s software systems and external services is prepared and kept up-to-date, and related timely working guidance is routinely provided to appropriate Divisional staff.
- Aid in high level of customer service to GPL and other defined users, aided by thorough asset management.
- Ensure prompt communication with customers, via fall- back/ redundant channels, regarding support tickets, desktop purchases, or to provide prior warnings, current advisories and situation updates when warranted.
- Enhance the view of other departments/ personnel as customers, with work viewed as customer services.
|· Knowledge of computer network/ server/ database administration, configuration, troubleshooting and problem analysis and resolution|
|· Knowledge of DHCP, DNS and other protocol and standards|
|· Understanding of IT Security|
|· Familiarity with LAN/ WAN hardware and software|
|· Excellent written and verbal Communication|
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline; with professional qualifications or additional examined courses in information technology and customer service management; and with a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience including two (2) years in a supervisory role.
- Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline; with professional qualifications or additional examined courses in information technology and customer service management; and with a minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant experience including four (4) years in a supervisory role.
Certification/ demonstrable portfolio of experience in ITIL ITSM, or in related computer science areas e.g.Linux Administration, Cloud or Cybersecurity, would be an asset.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with JM ‘B’ emoluments.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Friday, April 28, 2023.