Administrative Assistant – Human Resources Services – Middle Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the impending vacancy of Administrative Assistant – Human Resources Services – Middle Street.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Services Manager or his designate, the incumbent will be responsible for providing an efficient and responsible Secretarial support along with managing of all office missives.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Maintain an efficient filing and records system.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of equipment and stock of all stationery under the office’s jurisdiction.
- Monitor and supervise direct reports including evaluating their performance.
- Answer Telephone and attend to visitors
- Arrange necessary appointments for meeting etc.
- Take notes at meetings and disciplinary enquires, and prepare minutes on a timely basis.
- Prepare (type) letters, memoranda, reports, by copying from manuscripts or printed documents.
- Prepare and send out notices, agenda, minutes and other items not later than three (3) days before hand.
- Attend to all routine matters in the absence of the Manager.
- Ensure that all Personal Files within the Manager’s office (Personnel Staff, Junior Managers –A & B) are updated and in good condition also ensuring that these Personal Files (Employee Relations Sheet) are updated with respective salary, designation and department.
- Maintain a Bring-Up System relative to confirmation after Probation, Promotion, eligibility for pension schemes etc. for these employees (Human Resources Staff, Junior Managers –A & B).
- Make the necessary hotel accommodation arrangements for employees who are required to travel out of town on official business.
- Ensure that Human Resources Database is accurately updated (Input/update) daily with all activities dealt with at the office including the personal files which are housed in the Office of the Human Resources Services Manager’s Office (Personnel Staff, Junior Managers –A & B).
- Coordinate with the Office Attendant on the tidiness of the office, ensuring that it is ready for the commencement of the work at the beginning of each work day.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Programs.
- Knowledge in Human Resources Management Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
- Working knowledge of operation of Standard Office Equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-Motivated proactive and able to deliver consistent performance
- Proficiency in principles and practices of basic office management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High level of Organizational /Time Management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective and efficient record management system
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
JOB SPECIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Diploma in Communication Studies/Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
2. An Administrative Professional Secretaries Diploma from University of Guyana (IDCE)
with a minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience.
3. Diploma in Secretarial Science/Administrative Principles & Practices (G.T.I.) with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Stenographer I.
Salary Grade: GE:6
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Tuesday, August 16, 2022.