Administrative Assistant-Office of the Deputy Human Resources Manager
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Administrative Assistant within the Office of the Deputy Human Resources Manager , Middle Street.
Under the direction of the Deputy Human Resources Manager or his designate, the incumbent will be responsible for providing an efficient and responsible Secretarial support and managing of all office missives.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Maintain an efficient filing and records system.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of equipment and stock of all stationery under the office’s jurisdiction.
- Monitor and supervise staff under your supervision including evaluating their performance.
- Answer the Telephone and attend to visitors also arrange necessary appointments for meeting etc.
- Take notes at meetings, reports, etc. and prepares minutes on a timely basis.
- Prepare (type) letters, memorandum, reports, etc. by copying from manuscripts or printed documents.
- Prepare and send out notices, agenda, minutes and other items not later than three (3) days before hand.
- Address all routine matters in the absence of the Manager.
- Ensure that all Personal Files within the Manager’s office (Personnel Staff, Junior Managers –A & B) are in good condition also ensuring that these Personal Files (Employee Relations Sheet) are updated with respective salary, designation and department.
- Maintain a Bring Up System relative to confirmation after Probation, Promotion, eligibility for pension schemes etc for these employees (Human Resources Staff, Junior Managers –A & B).
- Make the necessary accommodation arrangements for employees who are required to travel out of town on official business.
- Ensure that Human Resources Data base is accurately updated (Input/update) with all activities dealt with at the office not excluding those personal file which are housed in the Deputy Human Resources Manager’s Office (Personnel Staff, Junior Managers –A & B).
- Coordinate with the Office Attendant on the tidiness of the office, ensuring that it is ready for the commencement of the work at the beginning of each work day.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Communication Studies/Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana with a minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience.
An Administrative Professional Secretaries Diploma from University of Guyana (IDCE)
with a minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience.
Diploma in Secretarial Science/Administrative Principles & Practices from G.T.I. with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Stenographer I.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 20, 2020.