Administrative Assistant – Metering & Field Services Department – Sophia, Georgetown
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power and Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Administrative Assistant – within the Metering & Field Services Department – Sophia, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Field Services & Metering Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for secretarial and administrative support to facilitate the efficient operation of the department.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Attend to day-day administrative needs of the Field Services & Metering Manager’s Office.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of stationery and equipment within the Metering Department.
- Maintain an efficient filing system.
- Answer the Telephone, attend to visitors and arrange necessary appointments.
- Type letters, memoranda, reports etc. to accepted standards and layouts.
- Deal with all correspondence.
- Deal with all routine matters in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist with accurate data entry to the relevant database, in keeping with the Department’s targets.
- Ensure accurate completion of invoices and petty cash vouchers.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent Communication skills (Verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform various clerical work
- Ability to give attention to details
- Ability to maintain a good filing system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to operate standard office equipment.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Communication Studies/Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
An Administrative Professional Secretaries Diploma from University of Guyana (IDCE)
with a minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience.
Diploma in Secretarial Science/Administrative Principles & Practices (G.T.I.) with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Stenographer I.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or by email email@example.com not later than Friday, June 24, 2022.