Administrative Assistant-Metering Department
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of an Administrative Assistant, which exist within the Metering Department, Sophia.
Under the general direction of the Metering Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for secretarial and administrative support to facilitate the efficient operation of the department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Attend to day-day administrative needs of the Metering Manager’s Office.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of stationery and equipment within the Metering Department.
- Maintain an efficient filing system.
- Answer the telephone, attend to visitors and arrange necessary appointments.
- Type letters, memorandum, reports etc. to accepted standards and layouts.
- Address all correspondences.
- Address all routine matters in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist with accurate data entry to the relevant database, in keeping with the Department’s targets.
- Ensure accurate completion of invoices and petty cash vouchers.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by a duly authorised Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Communication Studies/Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana with a minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience.
An Administrative Professional Secretaries Diploma from University of Guyana (IDCE) with a minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience.
Diploma in Secretarial Science/Administrative Principles & Practices from G.T.I. with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Stenographer I.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 20, 2020.