Administrative Assistant – Internal Audit Department – Duke Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the position of Administrative Assistant within Internal Audit Department – Duke Street.
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the execution of clerical and administrative functions within the Department.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Maintain an efficient filing and records system.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of equipment and stock of all stationery under the office’s jurisdiction.
- Monitor and supervise staff under your supervision including evaluating their performance.
- Answer the Telephone and attend to visitors, also arrange necessary appointments for meetings.
- Take notes at meetings and prepare minutes in a timely manner.
- Prepare and send out notices, agenda, minutes and other items not later than three (3) days before hand.
- Deal with all routine matters in the absence of the Manager.
- Coordinate with the Office Attendant on the tidiness of the office, ensuring that it is ready for the commencement of the work at the beginning of each work day.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite
- BE familiar with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Be familiar with GPL’s new Performance Management System
- High level of Organizational/Managing Skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Ability to self – motivate
- Ability to handle multi tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Communication Studies/Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
An Administrative Professional Secretaries Diploma from University of Guyana (IDCE) with a minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience.
Diploma in Secretarial Science/Administrative Principles & Practices (G.T.I.) with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Stenographer I.
Salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Thursday, April 28, 2022.