Administrative Assistant – Corporate Secretariat
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Administrative Assistant within the Corporate Secretariat – Duke Street, Kingston Georgetown.
Under the direction of the Corporate Secretary or his/her designate, the incumbent will perform administrative functions associated with tender board processes but are not limited to the key essentials.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Assist the Corporate Secretary in her functions as Secretary to GPL’s Tender Committees, including but not limited to:
- Receiving and documenting all Notices of tender openings.
- Conducting all preparatory works related to Tender openings (including preparation of tender boxes etc.)
- Attending and assisting the Corporate Secretary at Tender Openings
- Collating information on Bid submissions and preparing draft Tender Openings Minutes for consideration.
- Monitoring timelines for evaluation submission and providing weekly updates to the Corporate Secretary. To this end, the incumbent shall liaise with the Evaluation Committees.
- Attending meetings of Tender Committees and keeping records of proceedings
- Assisting in maintaining records of the Tender Process, status and filing of Tender Submissions and related information
- Assist in maintaining Corporate Secretary’s calendar and scheduling of appointments and meetings.
- Assist in fixing commitments to maximize the Corporate Secretary’s time efficiency as it relates to Tender Board activities;
- Undertake research and collation of information and reports as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Business Management/Administration or its equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution with at least 3 years relevant experience.
Certificate in Business Management/Administration or its equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution with at least 5 years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than June 21, 2019