Accountant – Finance Division – Main Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Accountant – Finance Division – Main Street.
Under the guidance of the Chief Accountant, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing measures to efficiently and accurately prepare and submit monthly financial statements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ensure that the statutory financial statements are prepared on a timely basis and are in conformity with the requirements of the law and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Maintain and enhance Financial Policies and Procedures, in compliance with International Accounting Standards, throughout the Company.
- Prepare Quarterly Bank Credit Report.
- Orient, mentor and coach subordinate staff in an effort to aid their development of the requisite job skills.
- Participate in periodic reviews of strategies and procedures that will ensure that all financial and commercial activities are undertaken in full compliance with the provisions of the Electricity Sector Reform Act 1999 and the Standard Terms and Conditions for Electric Services.
- Participate in the reviews aimed at ensuring that Company Financial Policies and regulations are observed and authorized personnel function within the limits of their authority.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Assist in setting performance targets, evaluating performances and identifying the training needs of subordinates.
- Assist in organizing and managing Interim and Final Audits
- Liaise with various departmental heads.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an authorized officer.
- Strong Ethics
- Data Analysis
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials
- Up to date technology expertise
Required Qualifications and Experience
Fully qualified member of professional accountancy body (ACCA, CIMA or CPA or internationally recognized equivalent) with five years’ experience in a similar management role in a commercial/ business environment.
Alternatively: Degree in Accountancy, A.C.C. A Fundamental level with eight (8) years’ experience in the relevant field.
REWARD: Commensurate with qualifications & experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Monday, August 29, 2022.