Plant Operator II
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. being an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Plant Operator II, which exist within the System Control & Engineering Services Department, Golden Grove, EBD.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Shift Control Engineer, the incumbent is responsible for monitoring and recording system conditions and effecting all switching operations.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
- Comply with all procedures of the Division and the Department
- Communicate the system status to your relief operator.
- Monitor and record System Operations Parameters such as voltage, current frequency etc, and transmit this information upon request to the Assistant Shift Control Engineer.
- Effect all switching operations with the sub-station such as opening and closing of circuit breakers to energise or de-energise feeder, racking of circuit breakers in and out of cubicles as required and earth circuits.
- Effect all switching operations in the 69 KV switch yard such as opening and closing of disconnect and earth switches and changing of 69 KV transformers tap settings.
- Monitor and test electrolyte level and strength of the batteries in the battery room, topping up with distil water if necessary.
- Pump water out of the substation basement when it is filled.
- Comply with all Occupational Safety and Health Procedures and Regulations.
- Prepare Performance Plan
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Technician Diploma in Electrical Engineering from G.T.I. or its equivalent, with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience.
Technician Certificate in Electrical Engineering Part II, from G.T.I. or its equivalent, with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience.
Electrical Engineering Technician Craft Certificate from GTI or its equivalent, with a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience.
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal & Oral)
- Attentive to details
- Basic knowledge of practical engineering science technology.
- Ability to accurately make numerical analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of the operations of Power Generation, Distribution and associated auxiliary equipment
- Knowledge of Power Plant monitoring systems.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Manager Human Resources Services, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than June 19, 2020.