Complaints Resolution Procedure

Customer Queries

Walk-in Customers

Customer Service Clerks (CSC) at the Company’s various commercial offices shall in the first instance, deal with all customer queries. These queries typically relate to billing, payments, service connections, disconnections and re-connection. Any query that is not resolved by the CSCs to the satisfaction of the customer would be immediately referred to the Supervisor or Commercial Officer. If the customer remains dissatisfied, then he or she would be advised of the Company’s Complaint Resolution procedures and provided with this document. All records of the issues raised during queries will be stored for future reference.

Queries by Phone, Email or Letter

Customers may also make queries to the Customer Service Section by telephone ( 226-2606) or by letters addressed to the Supervisor, Customer Services Unit, or by email:

Formal Complaints

Any Customer who wishes to make a formal complaint relative to any aspect of the services GPL provides, including any queries that they consider to be unresolved, may write to the Customer Services Manager, 40 Main Street, Georgetown. The Complainant should provide the relevant details of the matter and should state clearly the customer’s name, account number, nature of the complaint, and what response(s), if any, the Company had previously provided on the same issue. GPL will address all complaints and resolve queries within the time stated in the Company’s Operating Standards & Performance Targets. The Company at its discretion, may opt not to disconnect the services of a Customer whose complaint relates to an outstanding balance, provided that the Company has good reason to believe that the complaint is not frivolous in nature. The decision not to disconnect the Customer’s supply would not prejudice the Company’s operations in any way.

Complaints to the PUC

Any Customer who is dissatisfied with the decision(s) of the Company after submitting a formal complaint, or if the complaint is not resolved within the time stated in the Company’s Operating Standards and Performance Targets, may make a further complaint to the Public Utilities Commission. Complaints to the PUC could be made at or sent to their offices at 298 Church Street, Queenstown, Georgetown, or e-mail: