Skip to content
- Turn off computers, printers and other office equipment when you are not using them, especially overnight and on weekends.
- Use the energy saving or sleep mode on computer monitors to save energy.
- Choose the smallest computer monitor that meets your needs. Larger monitors require more power.
- Consider having employees use lap top computers, since they use up to 90% less electricity than standard desktop computers.
- Use ink jet printers for very low volume printing. They use just 4% of the electricity used by typical laser models.
- Use a multi-function printer/scan/fax machine, as it will use much less power than the three separate machines combined.