Sale of Motor Vehicles
GPL is inviting sealed bids for the purchase of both serviceable and unserviceable motor vehicles (Motor Cars, Pickups, Motor Lorries, Mini-buses, Jeep) on an “as is, where is” basis.
The locations for viewing of motor vehicles along with contact persons and period for viewing are as follows:
Locations Contact Persons Contact # Period for Viewing
Kingston Esan Vanderstoop 695-7700/227-2539 Sept 16th – Oct 4th, 2019
Sophia (System Control) Damien Benjamin 624-6049 Sept 16th – Oct 4th, 2019
Sophia (Metering) Rhon Loncke 629-4566 Sept 16th – Oct 4th, 2019
Middle Street Lindsey Shepherd 623-1991 Sept 16th – Oct 4th, 2019
Duke Street Esan Vanderstoop 695-7700/227-2539 Sept 16th – Oct 4th, 2019
Anna Regina locations Omesh Yogeshwar 624-2033 Sept 16th – Oct 4th, 2019
West Bank Demerara
Versailles Colin Trotman 624-2029 Sept 16th – Oct 4th, 2019
Christopher Roberts 668-4266
For further information, please contact the GPL Representatives listed above from Mondays through Fridays between 8:30 hours – 14:30 hours.
Terms & Conditions
- The motor vehicles are sold on an “As is, where is” basis.
- Inspection of vehicle constitutes both interior and exterior.
- Each bid for a Motor Vehicle should be placed on individual bid forms.
- Prospective Bidders are only allowed to submit one (1) bid per Vehicle.
- Payment of 100% must be made in cash or via manager’s cheque to Guyana Power & Light Inc by the successful bidder within five (5) working days of being informed.
- Failure to pay within the stipulated period will result in the next successful bidder being considered.
- Possession of vehicle will be given to the purchaser after payment is made and the vehicle must be removed within (7) days.
- Removal and transporting of the vehicles from the location would be the responsibility of the bidder.
- Registration of motor vehicles will be transferred after full payment and upon request by the successful bidder.
Bid forms will be available on the Guyana Power and Light Inc website www.gplinc.com or the contact persons identified above.
Bids must be placed in sealed envelopes bearing no identification of the bidder’s name on the outside and must be clearly marked on the top, left hand corner “Bid for Purchase of Motor Vehicle with the individual registration number affixed”. Submissions must be addressed to and deposited in the Tender Box at the address below for all Georgetown and West Bank Demerara locations above while bids for Anna Regina must be given to Mr. Omesh Yogeshwar. Applications are to be received no later than 14:00 hours (Guyana Time) on October 8th, 2019.
Secretary to the Tender Board
Guyana Power & Light Incorporated
91 Duke Street, Kingston
GPL reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and to remove or re-offer any motor vehicle for sale.